Dealing with a family legal issue in Parramatta is no easy task. The burden of managing your emotions and the legal aspects of things is definitely challenging and emotionally draining. Hence, it is important that you are represented by a group of legal professionals who have solid grasp of your rights.
Obviously, this legal area is practiced by Parramatta lawyers who are capable of providing expert advice and representation for clients. Like any other area of the law, requiring an attorney’s expertise would depend on certain factors specific to a client’s case. To shed light as to how family attorneys perform in their family law practice, the following are the various family law issues that these legal counsels are capable of handling:
- They deal with the starting point of every family—marriage. Generally, getting married would not actually require the expertise of these legal advocates, but they are often hired during prenuptial agreements. These documents establish the property and financial rights of each spouse in the event they decide to file and eventually divorce. Because of the assets involved here, it would be imperative for parties involved to retain the services of family attorneys.
- They deal with divorce proceedings. This very emotional and stress event in a family’s life would usually require the expertise of a family attorney. This applies for both contested and uncontested divorce. When a divorce is contested, either one spouse does not agree with the claim of the other, and the way to resolve it is for clients to undergo scheduled trials and hearings. When a divorce is uncontested, both spouses agree to dissolve the marriage, usually agreeing to out-of-court settlements that basically resolves the issues of child custody, alimony (spousal support), and distribution of assets.
- They deal with the issue of custodial rights for children of parents undergoing divorce. This matter is often a very emotionally difficult to deal with, but it is the family attorneys’ job to determine to whom the divorcing couple’s children will live once the marriage becomes legally dissolved. A deciding factor in arriving at such a decision hinges on the best interests of the child or children, but that is alone is dependent on how states define the “best interest” standard.
- They deal with the intricacies of the adoption process. Deciding to adopt a child is a life-changing decision for individuals wanting to grow a family. However, there are a lot of factors to consider in arriving at such a decision, and most of them involve processes that are, in nature, based on prevailing laws on the federal and state levels. It is therefore imperative for parents to hire family attorneys to help them with the processes involving adoption.
- They deal with the legal issues surrounding criminal activities affecting the family, most especially domestic violence incidents. Whether it is child abuse or mistreatment of a spouse, those involved are not only capable of filing criminal charges against perpetrators, but they can also file civil lawsuits. Parramatta lawyers help out victims in dealing with the legal consequences following such incidents, such as child custody matters and even separation and divorce.
Those involved in family matters can benefit from hiring an attorney who specializes in the various facets of family law. Whether it is divorce, child support, child custody, or adoption, doing so would help a lot in resolving any of these issues. It also helps that these legal advocates offer initial consultations that are free of charge.
Parramatta lawyers play a vital role in ensuring all the rights and interests of everyone involved in the case are preserved. They will do everything in their capacity to serve justice and to put the interests of clients into pedestal.