In this article we’d like to consider objectively all the pros and cons of DIY furniture.
Disadvantages of DIY furniture.
Of course, we’ll start with the shortcomings. I think in order to understand the information better, it will be more correct to list everything according to the points:
- For most mistakes we have to pay money. It should be admitted that throughout the process of making furniture you risk incurring additional financial costs for the mistakes made. Incorrectly designed, calculated or pinched parts have to be repainted and cut out again. And it’s good if you have leftovers of the material and know the basics of painting a dresser or any other furniture, and if not – prepare the money for the whole sheet.
- The process of making furniture is physically exhausting. If you do not hold anything that is heavier than a computer mouse, then get ready – serious tests are waiting for you. You will learn to do multiple squats and slopes, your hands will learn that a computer mouse is not the heaviest thing.
- Be ready to spend a lot of time. The loss of your own time is simply inevitable. The process of producing furniture does not like rush, here it is necessary “to hurry slowly” – to work quickly, but neatly. And taking into account that you are a fresher in this business, your motto will be even shorter: “Work neatly.”
However, making furniture is a deep and multifaceted process. It attracts and involves. Both a professional furniture maker, and a home amateur master will confirm this.
Advantages of DIY furniture.
- You can create any design. If you design the headset by yourself, everything is in your hands, and no one will prevent you from realizing what you have planned.
- Quality control at all stages of production. The entire production process is taking place under your control.
- Materials and accessories – all the best! You do all purchases, which means that you will not save money buying low-quality components. That’s why you will buy everything only of the best quality for your house.
- A lot of enjoyment. The main indicator that the work is in the right direction is a feeling of satisfaction. If you are dragged by the process of turning faceless sheets of chipboard into a chic computer desk or a kitchen set, that means that you are on the right track. You cannot but agree, it’s great when a useful business can cause positive emotions.
Saving money. Of course, making furniture is beneficial. This is one more pro. You can also sell a piece of furniture made by yourself on a furniture sale and earn a good sum of money.
We are sure that this article will be helpful for both home craftsmen who decided to embark on the path of furniture makers, and those who would prefer to buy ready-made furniture. It is certain that both these and those, have got a lot of useful information from this article.